Monday, August 29, 2011

Lazy Day

Today was lazy. We all finally got up and moving around noon and walked to school again. Found an awesome cafe right near school that I'll be stopping at a ton I'm sure. Had this bagel with hummus, peppers, basil leaves, cheddar..sooooo good. Even found Dr. Pepper there which I'm pumpeddd about.

Thought I'd throw up some pictures while I had a minute.

This is our room in Niland House...exactly how it looks, too. (Yeah, including the floral print on the bedsheets) We've got two tall wardrobes on the wall to the right, separated by a single desk. There's a window to the left, but nothing more. Kinda makes McShain look like a palace haha. But we have a living room, kitchen, dining table and a bathroom so, it's not too bad.

That's Shop Street. We're literally the next street over so it's a short walk. There is a ton of stores, restaurants and pubs along this street which seems to go for miles. On the weekends they have a farmers market and people sell a bunch of homemade trinkets and produce. The crepe station is great and for only 2euro. Also along the street are a bunch of performers, like you'd see in NYC. Ton of kids playing instruments, singing and stuff like that. Usually gets pretty busy, it's a big tourist hot spot.

The King's Head...my first Irish Pub. Had my first Guinness here and if I wasn't in Ireland, it may have been my last...stuff tastes pretty bad but I guess you gotta suck it up if you'll be here for a semester. All the pubs get pretty crowded on the weekends...we're really excited to catch a soccer game or rugby in one of the pubs. Ireland plays a mens World Cup Qualifier this Friday so I'm sure Shop Street will be awesome haha.


Lastly, my new university. This is the Quad, so there are two more walls you can't see but the place looks amazing. Pictures can't do it justice but you can get a glimpse here. Kind of excited to start school to get some structure to my day. Weird waking up late, walking aimlessly around, napping, dinner then stay out late only to repeat the next day haha.

Luke

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm totally jealous...I'd even be able to put up w/ the floral bedsheets if given the opportunity...haha
    It was a beautiful day here in upstate NY....except for the fact that I haven't had any power at my house for the last 33hrs. Been staying at Mama and Papa's and going to have Robby for the night tonight. Corey and Tiffany started school today...same old, same old...they said it went well. Have you started classes already?? Talk again soon...
    Love ya....Aunt Tevia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luke

    Your pictures are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Just the way I pictured it. You are so lucky...Just hang out until you get on Ireland time and enjoy everything there. I especially loved the bedspreads...LOL Hope you are able to shower a little easier now, just go into the showers on your knees. That ought to solve your problem. Miss you tons and look forward to your next post...Love you tons, MaMa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luke,
    Love, love, love your pictures! The University is gorgeous! I wonder what your schedule is going to look like? Sleeping till noon will have to soon end. I am getting so excited to come visit you and have you be our tour guide! Jake has taken over your bedroom already! (Some things never change) Dr. Pepper and bagel with hummas~BOOM! Have fun and enjoy all that Ireland has to offer ya! Catch ya later alligator!
    I love you~xxxxoooo, mom

    ReplyDelete